Thursday, October 9, 2008

Apres Summer

I know I'm the most boring blogger ever. My posts are about desserts and soups, harvesting and preserving, and the joy that these simple things bring to me. Complete, peaceful joy.

I'm in a very relaxed, content place right now. Embracing the new season, letting the chill wind brrrr me, letting the warm house toast me, and letting the satisfaction of a summer well-spent console me. l rode fearlessly on the crest of summer this year, rode her from spring to fall, noticing her nuances, making time to stop and making time to participate, squeezing out all that I could of her loveliness, her offerings, her opportunity and poetry. It has left me very mellow.

It's boring to read about, I know. But these simple posts reflect my experience, my feeling.

I hope it's not the calm before the storm.

I hope it's just me...learning to listen, to absorb, and to be grateful.

We'll see.

7 comments:

tshsmom said...

Not boring at all! I wish more people could find the contentment we have in our simple lives. If they did, our country wouldn't be in the greed-driven mess it's in.
I'm just happy that I found another family that lives like we do!

Cherie said...

Thanks, Tshs. I knew if anyone would understand, it would be you. :)

Hard to imagine what our country would look like if more people lived as your family and mine do, with the world-view we have, with our mind-set. I'd love to see it happen, though.

Bridget Jones said...

No not boring!!! I love your posts and the pics!

I'm pretty boring too. Spent Saturday night hearing all about the famous folks my friend knows, and the places he's been and will be.

Am so vanilla compared to that guy...or maybe he was bragging.

Gardenia said...

Your posts are NEVER boring - they are beautiful, full of light and encouragement and appreciation of things that bring peace to the soul!

Cherie said...

BJ - Vanilla, yep, that's me, too! Hearing about other's journeys - and not always graciously when they're bragging. UGH. Thanks for your understanding and kindness.

Gardenia: Thanks for encouraging me. You are a bright spot in my life.

tshsmom said...

Here's to us "vanilla" gals! Hip hip HOORAY!

Cherie said...

Three cheers!!!!