Sunday, May 4, 2008

Remember the Moon

I have to remind myself these days that, just as the moon remains complete though I see only half of it, life is as right as it can be even though half of it seems confusing, unknown, dark right now.

It's easy to become enveloped in the emotions of life - the stress, strain, unexpected happenings that sucker punch and leave one breathless. Simple to want to crawl under the covers and stay there until someone signals the all clear.

But when I am the one who must determine when it's all clear I have to get up, take one step at a time, and remember that times like this end eventually. Serenity will be restored. For awhile.

Life may change. Adjustments may be necessary. I can carry on. I must. I want to.

And I must remember the moon - always fully where it's supposed to be, even when shadows overcome.

Just like life.

5 comments:

Gardenia said...

Oh Cherie, this was so eloquent. Don't know for sure what you are going through, but this was so beautifully said...I feel in the same place - but maybe in a different way, I don't know.

Cherie said...

Thanks, Gardenia.

tony said...

Its both a Fact & a Faith i guess?

Cherie said...

I guess so, Tony. I like the way you put it.

Anonymous said...

A deep pool you. Wonderful.