Saturday, May 24, 2008

Freedom to Recover

"True love of oneself - or another - does not require a person to measure up."


"The body is strong and the world generous. Both can accommodate error after error as they patiently await the time of healing."

~~ from The Yoga of Eating, by Charles Eisensfein


Freedom is found in the first quote. The freedom to cease trying to measure up to standards I don't even believe in.

Hope is found in the second quote. Hope that strength, generosity, and patience will hold out long enough for frazzled emotions to catch up and join in the process - of healing.

4 comments:

tshsmom said...

"The freedom to cease trying to measure up to standards I don't even believe in."

Wise words, my friend! As you already know, that statement guides the lives of my family.

The economic woes of this country can all be attributed to people's quest to "measure up to standards". They've let the greed of Wall Street, Madison Avenue, and our banking system convince them that happiness is found in appearances and possessions.

Love, family, and nature have all been replaced by iPods, cell phones, fancy cars, and obscenely large houses in the "right" neighborhood. Appearance is EVERYTHING! So sad. :(

Gardenia said...

Beautiful - an am awaiting patiently (somewhat) the time of healing.

Gardenia said...

You haven't posted here for a while -but that's ok - I keep reading your quotes - and they mean something new each day........

Cherie said...

Tshs: I couldn't agree more with you. We are completely like-minded when it comes to this. Thanks for the encouragement!

Gardenia: I'm glad to know that the quotes mean something new each day. Isn't it odd how that works?

I have something floating through my thought processes for a post here. Soon. It's a sort of therapy for me to post on this blog. I make myself slow down and think positive thoughts - powerful thoughts - purposeful thoughts. And it helps. It helps to know you like to read them, too! Thanks!