Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cross-Referencing

For those interested, I posted Mom's recipe for English Muffin Bread over on my other blog because it has a wider audience with which to share the joy.

Baking. The mood is here. The family is smiling, eating cautiously, moderation in everything, even tasty treats.

Almond Puff makes another appearance in the Kitchen of Cherie after over two decades in hiding.







Except for chocolate cupcakes which will probably disappear long before my camera clicks their picture, I'll be switching gears for Super Bowl Sunday. I have no idea who's playing this year. I do know that it's an excuse to have friends over to play awhile. I'm told some of the commercials are going to be in 3-D. We picked up a bunch of free 3-D glasses from Safeway for the occasion. How strange and silly we'll look! I'll bet we'll be smiling though.

Besides the cupcakes, I'll be making chili today and cornbread muffins tomorrow.

Will I be cooked and baked out by next week, I don't know. There's a huge bowlful of freshly made beef stock in the fridge that is begging to be made into something fine. Is French Onion Soup made with beef stock? I have to consult some recipe books. If I burn out, I'll freeze the stock so it can live to be cooked another day.

Happy Super Bowl Sunday, however you choose to spend it!

5 comments:

deanna said...

I have no idea, either, who's playing. 3-D commercials sound interesting... I look forward to seeing you later!

Cherie said...

We're all ready for ya!

tshsmom said...

I've been re-discovering some 20-yr-old recipes lately too.

Yes, Fr Onion Soup is made with beef stock. That's another recipe I haven't made for, at least, 15 yrs. Z has newly discovered the yumminess of onions, so I'll have to make that again.

Cherie said...

Tshs: Oh good, thanks for telling me about the soup and stock. I shall go forth and see what I can find for a recipe that looks good. Z is such a smart young man - onions are so good for a person.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality forum!
Just thought this is a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Johnie Maverick
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/curious-george-party-supplies.html]curious george Party Supplies[/url].