Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Jesse's Art

My little nephew is very creative. He's five. He enjoys putting objects together with much thought then studying how they look. He asked me to take a photo of this creation of his and of course I did. Jesse is a little master. He lives in the moment, embraces thoughtful living, and communicates his imagination well. I doubt he knows how much he teaches me every time I am with him. Such creativity, such intelligence, such engagement with life all around. I kid you not, his eyes shine with the joy of discovery. It's amazing. In the spirit of celebrating the individual and beauty as art in the every day let me just say...I love this kid.

5 comments:

deanna said...

This amazes me. Yet it's something, how interests can develop at young ages. Where will his take him? It ought to be interesting to see...

Cherie said...

I wonder the same things, Deanna. Yep, it ought to be interesting...

Gardenia said...

A little Zen buddy you have!

Marianne Elixir said...

My food blog nominated this blog for a creative blogger award. Just thought you should know =)

Cherie said...

That's just the type of master I see Jesse as being, Gardenia, a Zen Master. You are astute, you are.

M.E., hey, thank you for that. What an honor!