Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Gifts of Summer

I remember my grandpa saying grace: "And thank You for these gifts which we are about to receive."


Besides fresh produce from our tiny garden here at home, we receive a variety of seasonal vegetables and fruits each Tuesday from a local organic farm. Bounty! Pac Choi is one of our favorites...

...because of the soup we stir up.

Easy to make and beautiful to look at, this soup satisfies the senses and the belly.

Add to soup a garden fresh salad - and I mean garden fresh for most of it we harvest just a few moments before dinner time - and the table is set with gifts about to be received by hard-working men and women deserving of only the best. My family.

How I enjoy sharing the gifts of summer!

6 comments:

deanna said...

Scrumptious. It's got to aid digestion just to behold the colors of the food and your kitchen ware. Enjoy the bounty!

tshsmom said...

I can almost feel the crunch of your vegetables in my mouth!

You make me feel like a slacker today..we're having sloppy joes and oven browned potatoes for dinner.

Cherie said...

Thanks, Deanna. We are enjoying!

Tshs: Sloppy Joes and oven browned taters?? I'll be right over!

Mike S said...

Think I'm gonna try having a bit of each for Sunday lunch:)

Cherie said...

And I'll be right over to your place in Maine, too, Mike!

;)

Sandy said...

Yummy, makes me want soup this morning! The colors are fabulous!