Saturday, July 26, 2008

Clear Waters


On our winding way up the mountain to the old Bohemia Mining site we stopped to cool our toes in this stream. Clear cool water. How is it that fresh running water washes over my toes and my soul at the same time?

I am calm. I am relaxed. My words are balanced now, some offered 'out there', most remaining inside, germinating, growing like vegetables and flowers in spring gardens. Not quite ready for harvest.

My heart wears a peaceful face these days. Carefree. Optimistic. Satisfied.

Is it summer's kindness? Is it recent events? Is it the sun absorbing into my skin?

I'll take it, whatever the cause.

God speaks to me through the seasons and he's speaking peace today.

9 comments:

tshsmom said...

What a great way to wash away the "trial by fire" you've been going through! Just let that stream carry your troubles away to the ocean. ;)

Bridget Jones said...

What a wonderful post! My blood pressure fell 10 points just reading it.

Thanks!!!

Cherie said...

Good way to put it, Tshs, washing away our trial by fire. I shall take your advice, let the stream carry the troubles to the blue Pacific...

BJ, you are most welcome. I'm glad to know that my peace has extended outward to you and lowered your blood pressure. Amazing what thoughts will do to our bodies, hey. Wind us up into tense beings about to burst, or cool us down, stretch us loose and peaceful.

Here's to peace for all of us for a good long while.

tshsmom said...

I'll drink to that! ;)

Gardenia said...

Its you becoming one with God's creation........peace!

Mike S said...

A good ramble across the fields & through the woods to dabble the tootsies in cool, clear, gurgling water. Always a joyful way to soak in the day. Very inviting!!:)

Cherie said...

Very very joyful, Mike. Wish you and SWMBO were here! But I reckon you have such lovely inviting spaces where you are, too. ;)

Sandy said...

Tooties, as Mike so elegantly puts it, are so soothed when wet.

Cherie, what a great post! Thank you.

Cherie said...

You're welcome, Sandy!

Here's to cool tootsies for as long as summer lasts!