Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Pastry Observation

Cinnamon rolls.

They take a bit of time and patience, some kneading and punching, buttering and slicing. A watchful eye to be sure. Timing is everything.

Christmas morning - rolls are eagerly separated, warmed or not, and eaten by an expectant - yet grateful - family of six. Quickly. Gone. Poof! Like that. Leaving contented smiles on sticky faces.

Just like the whole Christmas season.

What new creation of life awaits in 2009?

Can't wait to find out!

8 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Oh, those look wonderful.

There is always that sense of "huh? what just happened?" for me after a big event. It's over so quickly its almost surreal.

Happy 2009 to you and yours, Cherie!

tshsmom said...

Nice analogy!

I'm praying that the new year brings more creation than destruction. I'll be trying my best to make our little corner of the world more creative...that's all I can do.

Cherie said...

WC, thanks! A pleasant 2009 to you!

Tshs: Yes, more creation than destruction. And me too with the corner of the world sentiments. Added to that I'm trying to keep other people from determining my responses - you know, hold onto my integrity, manage my internal life better. I have several destructive people 'out there' who surprise me now and again with outrageous behavior and/or words. Got to keep my wits about me. Thank God my home life is so supportive! (I know you know what I mean about those others 'out there.' We'll continue to support and encourage each other in 2009, hey.)

tshsmom said...

Yup, I totally understand!
I've got your back, my friend!

Sandy said...

Cherie, you are amazing. This comparison is perfect. Gosh you always make me so hungry!

Bridget Jones said...

All life's very best for all of you for 2009 and always!

Cherie, your blog always makes me smile.

NOW it's making me hungry.....

Cherie said...

Thanks, Tshs!

Sandy: Makes me hungry, too. Ha!

Cherie said...

BJ: Life's best for you, too! Thanks for the kind words. Like good medicine.