Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family

What do you do when you've got a houseful of kids - er, um, young adults - who are hungry and giving you that look?


You get out the pizza ingredients and put the hungry people to work, that's what. Cassie taught Ben how to toss a pizza crust. He got the hang of it in short order.








Caroline observes Cassie and Ben's differing styles.


Cassie adjusts her dough...


...then layers on the sauce and cheeses.


This summer-grown ingredient punctuates the flavor.


Cassie's finished product! Voila!


While the chefs gleefully play with their food, I mean prepare supper, Joe relaxes, happy he doesn't have to make his own supper tonight.

Holiday from ordinary days, reconnecting, making memories.

Christmas.

7 comments:

Wandering Coyote said...

Homemade pizza is THE BEST!

tshsmom said...

I think Caroline has her doubts LOL!

You're soooo lucky to have all your kids under one roof this Christmas! That's the BEST gift you can receive, isn't it?
We're hoping that we'll be able to webcam with SME tonight, IF the repairman gets their internet fixed this afternoon...

A Blessed Christmas to you and your beautiful, amazing family!

deanna said...

How I know that look! Merry, wonderful Christmas, Cherie. If I don't see you sooner, I'll see you next year. :o)

Sandy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Cherie. Gosh they kids are growing so fast!

Gardenia said...

What cute kids! I wish I could toss the dough - I never suceed with that - pizza looks incredible.

Cherie said...

WC, oh yeah!!

Tshs: LOL. I hope you got to webcam SME!! Happy New Year!

Deanna - looks like it'll be next year, er, uh, sometime after tomorrow. :)

Sandy: They are growing fast, you are right! Happy New Year!

Gardenia: When I toss dough it ends up on the floor - not the best pizza topping! Thanks!

Bridget Jones said...

and now I'm starving!!!!