Monday, July 23, 2018

For Tom

Sniveling.

Defiant.

Confused.

Demanding.

"Where is the justice!"

Lost and Alone.

Why... and What If...

In time - lots of time - from disorder the hint of form, edges connect, encircle a slowly focusing message. An answer? A reason?

In the unfolding of daily life in decades, the puzzle of truth exposes its crucial final pieces.

There it is!

The obvious answer, obvious only after time searching, information revealed, evaluation, and mercy.

"I rescued you."

Rescued from...

Rescued to...

"See what from. See what to."

Contrition! Knees bend, hands fold, heart breaks, then rejoices. Thank you!

"Thank you for rescuing me. I didn't know. I didn't know. I didn't know how bad it was, couldn't comprehend the mire of falsity, the depth of evil. You loved me before I loved you. You chose me though I angrily rebelled in misunderstanding. You protected me even as I squirmed and scratched. You placed me in freedom where You could be found and known and eventually loved.  I clearly see from what, to where."

One Savior, but twice saved.

Amazing Grace.

No comments: