Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thanks, Deanna

"Socrates was a loafer who cared for neither world history nor astronomy. But he had plenty of time and enough eccentricity to be concerned about the merely human, a concern that, strangely enough, is considered an eccentricity among human beings."

~~Soren Kierkegaard
Me. Pondering by the nearly full moon. Found this on Deanna's blog. Perfect.

Eccentric.

Why is it considered unconventional and slightly strange - eccentric - to be concerned about the merely human? When we are all...human?

Well, it just is, I guess.

A couple thousand years ago...and now.

Head shaking.

2 comments:

deanna said...

I just came by to bookmark this blog, since I tend to forget to check it, and there's my name in the post title! You're welcome. I'm pondering what you and K. say, also. Now back to loafing...;o)

Cherie said...

Deanna: :D